Specialty: Medical Director/Administrative
Job Number: 28970
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Director Specialty Care Services is instrumental in planning and delivering a broad range of specialty services as they relate to primary care.
- The Medical Director Specialty Care Services guides teams of specialists including but not limited to Dental, Optometry, Podiatry, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Allergy & Immunology and Medication Assisted Treatment to assure the delivery of high quality, safe, and effective healthcare across a multi-site multi-specialty community health center.
- The Medical Director of Specialty Care Services ensures the cohesive, productive, and efficient collaboration of medical clinicians in the achievement of high-quality clinical outcomes and patient access.
- Medical Director of Specialty Care Services provides direct clinical care regularly at 0.6 FTE and when possible, to assist with vacation coverage and special situations throughout the organization
- Board Certified Physician (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Specialty with experience in Primary care settings). Must have current MD/DO license in Rhode Island. Maintain ongoing professional education and certification as mandated by specialty board or state regulation. Maintain appropriate hospital privileges in accordance with organizational policies.
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience in a physician leadership role with at least five years of clinical experience.
- Federally Qualified Health Center experience preferred
- Experience in clinical leadership roles, leading and coaching physicians to be the best they can be for their patients and their colleagues.
- Experience using a metrics-driven approach to analyze cost, quality, and satisfaction data to drive clinical strategy and program redesign.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, while maintaining a sense of humor, impeccable bedside manner and a sense of professionalism