Offering comprehensive one-stop services and a health care home for patients in each of the communities serviced by the organization. Their health centers provide more than just treatment for illness or episodic conditions, they provide ongoing care and health management for families and individuals throughout their lives. They are a private, not for profit corporation providing consumer directed, high quality, comprehensive, cost-effective primary and preventative care
Basic Function: Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the Obstetrics/Gynecology Physician (OB-
GYN), provides medical care related to pregnancy and/or childbirth and diagnoses, treats, and helps prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care
to Agency female patients all within the scope of licensing, training, and privileging/credentialing.
1. Provides direct patient care to clinic patients as outlined in the physician’s current work agreement. May
provide medical services in local hospitals per their credentialing/privileging policies as directed/approved
by the CMO.
2. Elicits information related to the patient’s medical history and records into the Agency’s approved
EMR/EHR system. Provides information for inclusion into Agency spreadsheets and worksheets for data
3. Examines the patient for symptoms or to determine physical information. Orders, interprets, and executes
various tests and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition. Analyzes reports and
findings of tests and examinations to present accurate diagnoses. Refers patients to medical specialist(s)
for consultant services when necessary for further evaluation and treatment.
4. Provides colposcopy and other gynecological procedures appropriate in the outpatient setting.
5. Provides required gynecological and obstetrical surgical & non-surgical procedures for patient, both
inpatient and ambulatory; or arranges for other physicians to provide these services.
6. Provides prenatal services for high-risk pregnant patients.
7. Supervises or participates in patient emergencies as required.
8. Completes paperwork for disability or time-off-from-work claims.
9. Administers or prescribes treatments. Prescribes medications, dosage and schedule in accordance with
patient diagnoses, condition, and allergies.
10. Promotes health and wellness by advising patients about family planning, diet, physical activity, and
hygiene along with methods for prevention of disease.
1. Three (3) plus years of directly related clinical experience at a community health center.
2. Multi-lingual (English/Spanish/Navajo) language skills.
3. Extensive working knowledge of the NextGen EMR system. Knowledge of Microsoft programs with the ability to effectively communicate using Outlook.