Job Number: 26085
We are actively seeking an OB/GYN physician to join our group, providing high quality medical and surgical care to obstetrical and gynecological patients in an office-based setting as well as providing on-call coverage to Griffin Hospital’s Childbirth Center.
- Provides medical care related to pregnancy and the female reproductive system.
- Examines patients, obtains medical histories.
- Screens for breast, cervix and ovarian cancers.
- Delivers babies, either vaginally or by cesarean section.
- Treats patients for urinary tract and pelvic disorders, hormonal disorders and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Creates treatment plans.
- Initiates appropriate referrals to specialists and hospital programs.
- Ensures proper patient documentation is timely, accurate and complete.
- Works with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing and coding.
- Promotes wellness and health education.
- Participates in on-call coverage with OBGYN providers
- Call rotation of 1 in 3 or 1 in 4.
- Provides quality supervision of residents, medical students, nurses, medical assistants, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other clinical staff at the site.
- Graduation from accredited medical school (MD or DO).
- Graduation from accredited OBGYN residency program.
- Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license or ability to obtain.
- Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate.
- Board certified in OBGYN medicine.
- Three years of experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation based on productivity and quality measures. Physician will also share in bonus awards from based on participation in quality or utilization programs from various insurers.
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, holidays, sick time and CME.
- Benefits include medical, vision, dental (including orthodontia), 401k with employer match and CME allowance.
- Relocation assistance and hiring bonus may be included.
- H-1B Cap Exempt. Willing to sponsor Green Card applications.