Specialty: Pediatrics - Hospitalist
Job Number: 28340
- a 450+ provider multi-specialty group, is looking for a full-time pediatric nocturnist who is passionate about teaching and clinical quality.
- The successful candidate will join a group of 6 pediatric hospitalists (full and part-time) providing medical education and patient care at a public, teaching hospital in Phoenix, AZ. Major affiliate of the University of Arizona College of Medicine and Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Our pediatric services include a 24-hour Pediatric Emergency Department, a 10-bed pediatric in-patient unit, a 6-bed PICU, a busy newborn nursery, and a Level III NICU.
- Deliveries are covered by the NICU service.
- Pediatric specialty services are provided by both group physicians and independently contracted specialists.
- The pediatric hospitalists cover the Inpatient Pediatric Unit as well as the Couplet Care and Level II Nursery.
- Daily rounds are held with pediatric residents and medical students.
- The pediatric residency program and pediatric hospital medicine fellowship is in partnership with Phoenix Children’s Hospital and accepts 34 residents per year.
- The pediatric hospitalists also teach family medicine residents from other local hospital programs.
- The ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Board Eligible/Certified Pediatrics
- Active AZ Medical license
- An excellent compensation and benefits package has been prepared and includes an additional nocturnist stipend.
- 4 weeks paid time off
- 1 week CME time off with CME stipend
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance, long term disability, AD&D insurance
- 401K plan with up to 6 percent employer match
- Paid medical malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Arizona offers a wonderful Southwestern lifestyle with an affordable cost of living, warm weather year-round, and numerous activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, camping, golf, festivals, etc. The Phoenix metropolis is a vibrant cosmopolitan area, providing a wide range of social and cultural activities including theatre, professional sports, symphony, and many museums devoted to the culture, history, and beauty of the Southwest.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.