Job Number: 28932
- The Department of Surgery has an immediate practice opportunity for a Trauma Surgeon/Surgical Intensivist/Acute Care Surgeon.
- The Department staffs a community hospital with a State and American College of Surgeons designated Level 1 Trauma and Burn Center in the metropolitan Phoenix area.
- The Department is seeking a fellowship trained surgeon to complete our team and provide a full range of surgical services.
- Our physicians hold faculty appointments and participate in inter-professional teaching through the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance with a fully accredited ACGME General Surgery Residency; our program is home to the only Phoenix ACGME accredited Surgical Critical Care residency.
- We are one of 13 hospitals nationwide accredited by the American College of Surgeons for Adult & Pediatric Trauma and Burns.
- Applicants must be board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Surgery in general surgery and surgical critical care.
- Requirements include demonstrated skills in emergency surgery, surgical critical care, trauma patient care, and a record of teaching and research experience (health services, translational or basic science research).
- The Trauma Surgeon reports directly to the Chief of Trauma, and the Chair of the Department of Surgery.
- Candidate requirements include an M.D. or D.O. from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy, as well as the completion of a surgical residency and a surgical critical care fellowship.
- 4 weeks paid time off
- 1 week CME time off with CME stipend
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance, long term disability, AD&D insurance
- 401K plan with up to 6 percent employer match
- Paid medical malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Known for its sunny climate and spectacular desert landscapes, Phoenix and the surrounding cities of Scottsdale, Glendale and other destinations in Arizona’s Valley of the Sun feature vibrant culture and numerous opportunities for outdoor adventures and luxury. With the fabled Grand Canyon just four hours away, Phoenix is often thought of as the jumping-off point for vacation adventures, but the state’s capital city also features attractions that, while perhaps not as awe-inspiring, are equally breathtaking.