9304 Medical Plaza Dr. , Suite C
Specialty: Surgery - Trauma
Job Number: 27431
- Must be board certified in General Surgery with Added Qualifications in Surgical Critical Care.
- Be a current ATLS instructor
- Have previous Trauma Medical Director (Associate or Full) experience with state and regional exposure
- Be committed to impactful performance improvement
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills
- TMD has authority to lead the trauma program and acute care surgery service.
- Duties are organized around 12-hour primary in-house coverage, plus 12-hour back-up.
- The acute care surgery team has six advanced practice professionals.
- General surgery residents rotate on the service.
- The program participates in TQIP and TQIP collaboratives.
- Supported by a multispecialty team of Cardiothoracic, Vascular, Orthopedic, Neurosurgery and Interventional Radiology
- Very competitive compensation with academic appointment through University of South Florida
- A full-service, level II trauma and acute-care hospital with 365 beds including 10 ORs and 28 ICU beds
- Current facility expansion projects for 408 total inpatient beds, and an additional 20-bed ICU
- Hospital is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in Clay County
- 9 ACGME residencies/fellowships
- 44 bed emergency department with 2 dedicated trauma bays with 112,000 annual patient visits
- Hospital accolades include:
- Leapfrog Top Teaching Hospital and Safety Grade “A” facility
- Ranked in America’s top 250 hospital by Healthgrades
- Top 5 in the state for Critical Care by Healthgrades
- Among top 100 hospitals in the country for stroke, pulmonary and critical care by Healthgrades
- Ranked in top 5% in the country for women’s care by Healthgrades
- American Heart Association Get with the Guidelines recipients for Stroke Gold Plus, AFib Gold and Heart Failure Gold
- Our inpatient rehabilitation center is Commission on Accreditation Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredited
- A U.S. News and World Report High Performing Hospital
- With over 200 days of sunshine per year, no state income taxes, lower cost of living, proximity to 22 miles of beaches, the largest urban park system in the nation, world-class fishing, vibrant street arts scene, and local distilleries and craft breweries, Jacksonville is a top destination to work and live. It is the 12th largest city in the United States and more than 500 people move to Northeast Florida each week with jobs being the major driving relocation factor.