2650 Ridge Ave
Specialty: Medical Director/Administrative
Job Number: 26662
- Large health system, the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, seeks a full-time Board Certified OB/GYN or Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician to provide physician leadership for patient care activities and quality and safety outcomes in the perinatal environment.
- The Vice Chair Perinatal Quality & Safety will provide overall accountability for professional practice and physician leadership in the perinatal environment across the system birthing hospitals.
- The successful candidate will work in a collaborative manner with nursing, operational, and administrative leadership and will have overall responsibility for patient care activities and outcomes of APP’s (CNM and/or others) in the perinatal environment. The position is responsible for leading the service line and is responsible for assuring outstanding clinical quality, service excellence, operating performance, market presence, competitiveness, and profitability across the women's service line.
Experience and Qualifications
- Board certified OB/GYN or MFM physician (MD/DO)
- Additional training as evidenced by an MPH or certification in quality
- Minimum 10 years of clinical practice experience as a general OB/GYN or Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician
- Minimum 5 years of healthcare management experience in a healthcare setting leading the development and implementation of system level quality initiatives.
- Proven experience and success within complex systems in driving quality and patient safety initiatives.
- Proven success in multi-disciplinary collaboration driving quality and safety initiatives through successful implementation
- Ongoing clinical practice of 0.20 – 0.40 FTE
- Position with be 60% or more focused on quality/safety/administrative and 40% or less doing clinical.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- System includes six award-winning hospitals and comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and complex care; and 170+ office locations and 35+ immediate care centers.
Contact Scott Scheinman at 561-413-9455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bordering Chicago along Lake Michigan, Chicago’s northern suburbs are considered one of the most scenic areas in the metropolitan area, combining the proximity to downtown Chicago with the charm and diversity of the area’s prosperous communities.
- Excellent public schools and close to some of the best universities in the country.
- Beautiful parks, beaches, excellent restaurants, and safe communities. Chicago's northern suburbs are an ideal place to raise a family.